There are presently no open calls for submissions.
General Neon Hemlock Submission Notes:
- Unless the editors are otherwise specified, you can address cover letters to “Dear editors” or “Dear dave.” Please avoid “Dear Mr. Ring.”
- Please submit your story in .doc or .docx file, formatted in something approaching Standard Manuscript Format. One of the editors has a slight aversion to Courier and a fondness for Georgia.
- Please include a cover/query letter with the title, length, and a brief bio. You may include links to your website/social media, and previous publications if any. Please don’t stress about this cover letter, if we have additional questions about your submission, we’ll ask them.
- Simultaneous submissions are always fine; please withdraw immediately if you take another offer. Stories should be previously unpublished.
- Please no multiple submissions. If you receive a rejection within the submission window, you may submit another story.
- If you joke about how straight white men are underrepresented in speculative fiction, it will not win you any points.
- Thanks for thinking of Neon Hemlock for your work.
- Please don't self-reject!